Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Splendor of the King

A couple of weeks ago when we were in Ohio celebrating Josh's Grandpa's birthday, I went out to take some pictures of the kids watching the soy beans being harvested. I was shocked and in awe of the beauty of the sky that night.
There was one of the most beautiful sunsets I have seen. The sky was painted with all sorts of purple and orange and pink. Not only was the sunset gorgeous, but on the other side of the night sky was the moon. What a glorious night. All I could think was how AMAZING of a God we have. This is a thought that is often in my head, popping in an out as the day goes, but that night I could think if nothing else. I felt like any minute, angels were going to break out in a mighty chorus like the time of Christ's birth.
These shots do God's creation no justice, but I wanted to try and share what I saw.

Sunset just starting.


The sky was just glowing!


I wish I had my tripod with me. I was shivering, so I couldn't keep my hands that still.


Look at this! I felt like I could just reach out and touch it!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Beautiful photos! It is not easy to get good pictures of the moon - you did awesome!