Thursday, October 29, 2009

Favorite Fall Foliage

This is my favorite tree in Jackson.
Such a beautiful tree. Last year I discovered it when I was leaving my friends house. It was so stunning I just pulled off the side of the road to look at it. I must have been there for a while when this big burly dude came stomping out of the house and yelled "What do you want?"
That certainly scared me.
"Oh, I'm sorry sir. I was just admiring your tree. I think it must be the most beautiful tree in Jackson."
The guy's face turned from anger to a mix of confusion, and then after a little while, a smile.
So, I figured that since he was aware from last year that there was a crazy lady on the loose, looking at strangers trees, that this year I could take my camera. Of course, I this time I took my husband too! To my great relief, he never came out of his house.
You all think I'm crazy now, don't you? Well, you are right, but let me just show you why this is my favorite tree.
First, the tree turns this bright fiery orange. I took these pictures in the rain. You should see the tree in full sun. Gorgeous!!!

Now, when you go under the tree, the beautiful bright orange leaves show a little secret. They are actually yellow underneath!

Last, but certainly not least, when the leaves drop, they look like this.

Look at all those colors! I just love God's creations. There is a special place in my heart for Autumn, and I am thankful for this tree just a couple of blocks from my home. I don't usually need to go down that street, but in October, I make an exception. :)

2 comments:

the troyers said...

You can almost see my house! I see that tree out my front window every day!... ps: That guy really isn't mean but he would probably talk your ear off if you let him though...

Rachel said...

haha that is an awesome story! Beautiful pictures! I just love Fall :) Can't wait for Saturday!