Friday, October 2, 2009

Little Ones

I never knew how special a first born child really was in a family until I had my own. When Emma came into the world, I became a Mom. I learned a lot with her, and there is a special spot in my heart that only she will have.
That being said, I never thought Josie and Addie would have their own little special spots in my heart, but they do. With Emma gone at school full time now, I've got to see a different side of things.
Josie doesn't play the roll of little sister then, but she plays the big sister. The teacher. The protector.
Addie can be heard now. When Emma is at school, it is Addie who becomes the talker. Much like her oldest sister, Addie has something to say about everything!
I do miss Emma while she is at school. More than I ever thought I would. You hear moms make jokes about summer vacation being over and them rejoicing because their kids will be back at school, but I didn't feel that way. Emma is one of my closest friends and I miss her when she is gone. I am glad that I have been able to share these special times with my younger two though. Ah! I just love my girls!


2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Josie looks like a real mini-person. Like an adult who is two feet tall. It's kinda freaking me out. And it also makes me want to put her in my pocket and take her home with me.

Grace B. said...

Oh my stars, your girls are adorable. But then, you already knew that. :)