Monday, May 4, 2009

End of the Season And Other Ramblings

It has been a long week. My sweet hubby went with the senior class to Jersey Shore, PA for the week for the senior retreat/intro to tribal missions class. You can learn more about it here.
He had a great time, and hopefully he will do a guest blog about it (hint, hint. I know you are reading this, honey).
We are so glad he is back. When Daddy is gone, things are just not as happy around here. Dinner takes longer, bed times are longer, the sun refuses to shine... okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating that last bit. Needless to say, he is missed very much, and we are so glad to have him home.
Saturday was Josie's last soccer game. She did great! Their team won, and she came home with a medal. It's all very exciting. I am just glad with the coach gone in PA for the week, they didn't make me go out there! Can you imagine?
Me "Um, yeah. Kick the ball."
The kiddos "Where?"
Me "I don't know. Away from the other team."
Yeah. That would have worked splendidly.
I like to blame my lack of ability in sports on my parents who did not let me play, but truth be told, they must have known how clumsy/uncoordinated I am, and tried to save me from that humiliation. For that, Mom and Dad, I thank you.

She was so tired after the game. She played the whole time, because the other kids were tired out, and she wanted to keep going.


I'm so proud of you, Jo!

1 comment:

thesscurry said...

You go Girl! Just like Daddy did it - and Auntie Sarah has the pictures to prove it... BTW - so does Great-Granpa Hertel! :-) Love you kiddo!
(And your mommy and daddy too!)