Friday, May 8, 2009

You See Flowers In These Weeds

I will always cherish these sweet gifts of love from my girls. Emma has always given me a bouquet of dandelions. Josie now copies Emma and I get lots of little love bouquets. Sometimes they are from our yard. Sometimes they have made it all the was from the school yard, a little more wilted upon delivery. Always, they are given with love.

I don't think we will ever get weed killer.

I don't care how the lawn looks. Blow all of the seeds you want girls.

I will always have a vase ready. I hope they never stop coming.

5 comments:

David Mize said...

This actually is the exact manifestation of the first verse of that amazing song. Perfect title!

Anonymous said...

I see you got the button up! Way to go! You'll get the hang of all this blogging stuff soon.

Steph said...

I couldn't agree more! Afton was told that dandelions are bad and they kill the lawn. So, I told her that God created those dandelions and they were beautiful, bright and sunshiney and I loved them. Especially when she brought me a bouquet of them.
We won't be getting any week killer either :D

Bemily said...

What a great post! I love it!

thesscurry said...

I feel guilty because I don't always receive these precious presents as graciously as I should. Thanks for the reminders.