Monday, April 13, 2009

Insurmountable Joy

Coming down from a wonderful Easter weekend can be overwhelming to me sometimes. I am reminded of what a priceless gift I have in Jesus. I get to see my Dad and Mom, and eat a delicious meal with them and my brother and sister and their great families. I see my kids have some of the best times playing with their cousins, making memories that will last a lifetime.
Then I come home and look at my calendar. Oh, is that puppy full already. Aren't calendars daunting sometimes? Do they ever make you want to go hide your head under a pillow?
Really? I'm the only one?
As I prepare for the next five weeks until the Seniors at New Tribes graduate, looking at all the events, knowing some dear, dear friends are moving all over the world soon, I don't want to lose sight of what is so wondrous.
I have a Savior who loves me. Me! I have an amazing husband who is my best friend and the love of my life. I have three unbelievably gorgeous daughters, and I get to raise them! What a gift! I have a silly puppy who is always wanting to snuggle, daffodils blooming in my garden, a gift card to Biggby coffee burning a whole in my wallet, some left over pie in my fridge...okay, so I could go on forever. :)
So how about you? What brings you joy, even when life is going in fast forward? While you think on that, here three pictures of my joy for you. :)

Emma Leigh


Josephine Laura aka Josie, Jozo, Jo


Adelaide Marie aka Addie, Addie pie, Addie girl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, what great photos!
I have to say, my kids are bringing me great, great joy these days, even as I watch the first one planning her next phase into college in the fall. *sigh*. It goes too fast, but thank my Great Lord God for the chance to be part of their lives.