Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New Things Happening at the Mathew House.

This past week has been a long one. By last Wednesday afternoon, I was not feeling that well. I stayed home from youth group that night and just slept, I went to the doctor the next day where he confirmed I had Strep throat AND a sinus infection! By Friday Emma had it, and then Saturday and Sunday Josh got a stomach flu, which I caught on Monday. CRAZY sick week. But, we are all back to almost 100%.
Today I spend a good five hours at the Kellogg eye center with Emma and Josie. I am excited to share that Emma's script has not changed, and her eyes are doing better at not crossing with her glasses off. Also, Josie does not need glasses right now!
I also wanted to share how much Emma is learning in Kindergarten. She is reading words out of any book she picks up! She is also writing a lot. She wrote me a note for the first time this week. I cried! I am so proud of her!
Well, that pretty much wraps up our week. What have all of you been doing to keep busy?

Spending some time watching The Lord of the Beans. :)


My own silly little bean doesn't need glasses!


Emma's note she wrote me. She also drew a picture of us as "heart shaped balloons, with our stings holding hands". So funny, that girl!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

So glad you are all feeling better!

Amy J said...

I hope you are all feeling better!

Don't you just love the sweet little notes!

the troyers said...

wow! I'm so impressed. Brandon drew me a picture of a daisy! I about cried!