Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Baby Girl is Four!

Almost two weeks ago, our sweet Adelaide turned four years old!
It is crazy to think that we have had this little one for four years now. What a difference her first four years are to Emma's. Addie has always lived in this house, since the day she was brought home from the hospital. Emma moved seven times in the first three years of her life. I guess it just shows that we are all in a different place in our lives.
This is really weird, but I am still not used to the idea that I don't have a baby in the house. I mean, she is FOUR. How many more years until I will get used to that? When she is six? Or eight? Or eighteen?
When we have our birthdays (some more significant than others) we may or may not feel old, but nothing makes you feel quite as old as when your baby starts getting older. I wonder what my mother must feel on my birthday.
However fast these days pass, I am thankful for them. I wish I could slow them down sometimes, or even go back, but time doesn't work like that. So, here is to the every day. To the little moments that make up a life time.
Happy fourth birthday, my sweet Adelaide!

Enjoying her presents.


Make a wish!


Her future's so bright, she just has to wear shades. :)


A little birthday spinning in Nana and Papa's living room.

1 comment:

Anna said...

She's so cute! I can't imagine my oldest being four right now, let alone any others that may follow. I love her name too!