Thursday, February 28, 2008

Surgery pictures

Many of you wanted to see some pictures of the surgery, so I thought I'd post a couple. The last one is just a picture of the incision, but the tape is a little bloody, so it may gross you out. Just a fair warning to those with a weak stomach.
Here is a before picture. It is really hard to capture how big the lump was with the camera. Most of it wasn't noticeable from the outside anyhow.

Here's my girl before the surgery, all hooked up. Emma got to take Bun Bun in with her, and she had "foot surgery" too!


Here is the incision. It is pretty big. I was surprised. I think she might get her stitches out next week! Right now, Emma is just passing time by coloring, practicing letters, and watching "Black Beauty", her new favorite.

3 comments:

Bemily said...

I think that Emma is the cutest patient that I've ever seen! What a sweetheart! I hope that she is continuing to recover well!

Sarah said...

You guys are such great parents. We've been praying for Emma - and are so thankful that she is doing well. I'm sure that the idea of putting her foot in the snow right now is just about where she is... Maybe some SnowCreme is in order for the day.

Liz Ferguson said...

Praise God that everything went so well. What a brave little girl!

Hope everything is going well, and Emma is recovering quickly.