Friday, January 20, 2012

Where Did the Week Go?

This past week seems like a blur. The students have come back from their winter break, and the semester is in full swing.
I really only know that from word of mouth though, as I have been home all week. Josh and Adelaide have both been sick. Josh is now feeling better, and Addie will hopefully be soon.
Addie had made TWO trips to the ER this week. The first was Tuesday night. She was up a little after midnight not able to breathe. It sounded like croup so I took her out of the porch for some cold night air. When that didn't help, I gave her a abuterol treatment, and when that didn't work, we went to the hospital.
They were able to give her some steroids that helped a lot. I am so glad they did. What a scary thing to not be able to breathe.
Adelaide has been very snuggley, and I am enjoying the extra time with her, watching the Cosby show, or reading books.
Out of the blue yesterday her fever spiked to 102. Her tummy was really bothering her too. I called her doctor's office, and they were able to get us in, but at a different location. When I got there, Addie was crying really hard. She said she couldn't bend over or lay down without her belly hurting. The doctor took one look at her and told me to take her to the ER. They thought she had appendicitis. By the time I got back to the ER (which just happens to be right next door to us) her fever went down, and her belly no longer hurt. Very strange, and can only be explained as an answer to prayer!
She still has croup, but seems to be feeling a little better. Today she even ate some food!
I am sad that my little girl is sick, but thankful for the extra cuddle time I get with her!
Look at that big girl pouring her own milk!

1 comment:

Alex and Elizabeth Minium said...

So scary! I'm assuming she's doing better now and I'm glad! :)