Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thinking and Thanking

Today is Thanksgiving. During this day as my kids watch the Macy's parade, my hubby finishes moving furniture into the guestroom, and I spend the day in the kitchen, I am thinking of the things I am most Thankful for. So, while I wait for Mr. Turkey to finish cooking I decided I would share.
I am thankful for Jesus' saving work on the cross. God is SO gracious.
I am thankful for a wonderful Husband. Josh is so kind and gentle and loving to me, even when I do not deserve it.
I am thankful for the three most beautiful girls in the world. What joy they bring me each day.
I am thankful for our family here in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Texas. Wishing we could celebrate this day of thanks with all of them, but knowing some years it doesn't work that way.
I am thankful for the dear friends I have, and missing them terribly. Most of which I feel like I could put in the "family" category.
I am thankful for God supplying all our needs. For never going hungry. For always having a place to sleep that was warm and dry.
I could go on forever, but I need to get back in the kitchen. Turkey is in the oven. Mashed potatoes, corn casserole, green bean casserole, jello salad, dinner rolls, sweet potato casserole are in the works. Chris is bringing her world famous pies and dressing. I think we will dine like kings tonight!
I'll let you know how it goes!
I hope I didn't forget anything!

No comments: