Friday, October 3, 2014

Time Slowly Whizzes By

That is what this last week has felt like. The days are long, but the weeks go fast.
There hasn't really been much to report on the home front with Josie's healing it seems, but then we have a day like today that makes us realize how far she has come!
She has been going to her daily appointments at the burn clinic. There is continually new growth of skin. We are so thankful for that! Sometimes I think I am expecting more progress, and there isn't, and then I think there won't be much, and that day a whole bunch of new skin growth will have taken place!
Today, after they dressed the wound, we talked about the high possibility of Josie returning to school next week sometime! That blew me out of the water!
There are a few things that need to be able to happen for her to go to school, the first being able to wear specific items of clothing! I had to order a few uniform dresses for her to wear to school. She generally wears pants, but they aren't really a viable option at this time. She needs to be able to wear underclothes as well, but due to the location of the burn, we have not been successful in that yet.
She needs to be able to shower. She has had old maid's baths, and we have washed her hair, but she hasn't been able to get into the shower yet and that is necessary!
She needs to be off her pain meds completely. At least, I think this is the case. For sure she needs to be off narcotics completely (which she is almost there), but as far as Tylenol and Ibuprophen,  I am thinking she will have to be off of those too, as that is something she would have to get from me. I will be checking into that soon though.
Something this momma is worried about is her being emotionally ready. She has suffered a trauma, and sometimes she is in tears over it. I am afraid of her getting overwhelmed at school. I am also afraid a classmate may bump her accidentally and her be in a lot of pain! It really still hurts to touch.
I would also like to see her off the crutches soon. I think she is able to do this, but too nervous to try.
If you could please be praying for these things, we would really appreciate it.
I wanted to thank you all for praying for me, specifically my back. It is feeling much, much better, which is such a blessing because I can now help Josie (and the family) out more.





Time passing as the balloons start sagging. So thankful for how far we've come!





No comments: