Monday, March 20, 2017

Jonah's Life in the NICU

Jonah spent a total of 40 days in the hospital before he came home. His first two weeks were in the NICU at St. Joseph Mercy.  After I was discharged as a patient there, I was still able to stay in the hospital in what they refer to as "nesting rooms". It was such a blessing to be right down the hall from him, instead of 51 miles away. 
The NICU at St. Joe's are full of wonderful doctors and nurses, and we received the best care, but we wanted to transfer him back to our hospital as soon as he could. I had five other kiddos that needed the stability of having mommy home. I missed them too.
Jonah really was making great strides at St. Joe's, and we are so thankful he had his first start there.

Someone sure loves his daddy!

Such a deep stare. My precious boy!

He was SO tiny. His whole head could fit in my hand.

Peek-a-boo mama!



No comments: