Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Campers

I took another unexpected blogging break! Josh and I did some traveling(which I will share about soon), and then my back had the audacity to go out on me again. It didn't even ask! Can you believe that? After a week of lying around, daily chiropractor appointments, and wonderful pain meds, I am happy to say I am on the mend. I wish I could say I was completely better, but that will have to wait for another time. I do want to share more of our summer with you though!
Last month we decided to take the family camping at Warren Dunes State Park on Lake Michigan. What a wonderful time it was! We couldn't have asked for better beach weather. Lake Michigan was 75 degrees! We basically spent all day, every day at the beach, which is just how we like it. :)
We were able to borrow our friend's camper which was so nice. Josh reserved a spot online, so we were not sure what it would look like. It turned out to be a very big spot. We drove around and scoped out some of the better spots for next year if we decide to go there again.
It was so fun to be at a place where the girls were all old enough to really enjoy camping. Emma was a huge helper! She always wanted to be doing something. Josie and Addie were VERY dirty, but who cares! That's part of camping, right?

One of the sand dunes, with the moon showing itself.

This was our campsite. It was HUGE!


Josie all smiles at the beach.


Emma working on a mote for their castle.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you are starting to feel better. It looks like you had so much fun camping - I'm glad you were able to get away for a family vacation :)